AlUla Design Award announces Open Call for inspired product design
For its inaugural edition, AlUla Design Award (ADA) is inviting designers, artists, artisans, and lifestyle retail brands to create products inspired by the aesthetics of AlUla.
- The window for applications is now open and closes on December 30 2021, on www.aluladesignaward.com
- Submissions for year one of the award are for either Premium Retail or VIP Gifting.
AlUla, Saudi Arabia, November 4, 2021
The AlUla Design Award (ADA) recognises exceptional design inspired by the heritage, landscapes and artistic legacies of AlUla. The inaugural edition is in the form of an Open Call, inviting Saudi, regional, and international designers to conceptualise premium retail and VIP gifting products inspired by AlUla – a globally significant heritage and culture destination on the historic Incense Road.
Multiple winners will be selected from different categories such as jewellery, clothing, footwear, homeware accessories, leather goods, and other lifestyle products. The winners will have the opportunity to have their designs produced and presented at AlUla’s cultural, retail outlets and through a range of communication platforms.
Submissions will be evaluated by a specialised jury, consisting of leading industry leaders and opinion-makers in the spheres of design, retail, and media:
- HH Princess Noura bint Faisal Al Saud, Ecosystem Integration & Program Delivery General Manager, Saudi Fashion Commission
- HH Princess Abeer bint Saud Al Saud, Creative Communities Lead, Royal Commission for AlUla
- Dur Kattan, Deputy Minister, Communications and Media, Ministry of Culture
- Summayah Soleiman, CEO, Architecture and Design Commission
- Manuel Arnaut, Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Arabia
- Yara AlNamlah, Arts & Culture Influencer & Content Creator
- Cyril Zammit, Design Advisor & Consultant
- Ashleigh King, Director (Acting) Cultural Assets Retail, Royal Commission for AlUla
The AlUla Design Award invites today’s creative practitioners to interpret the region’s natural and cultural legacies into exceptional products for contemporary audiences. The competition is open to emerging and established artists and designers.
AlUla has been a place of creative inspiration and cultural exchange for millennia. As a journey through time, the spectacular landscape hosts an immense volume of archaeological discoveries, rock art, inscriptions and traditional arts. Its heritage sites include the UNESCO World Heritage Site Hegra; Dadan, the capital of two ancient Arabian Kingdoms; and the mudbrick labyrinth of the Old Town.
For more information about the AlUla Design Award and details on how to apply, please visit: www.aluladesignaward.com
Follow ADA on social media:
Instagram : aluladesignaward
Facebook : aluladesignaward
Twitter : aluladesign
For press and media queries and interview requests, please contact: